With miraDry® you will feel clean, confident, and carefree!
Consultation required prior to receiving treatment.
Until now, managing your underarm issues and the negative impact on your body, clothing, and self-confidence has been messy, time consuming, and costly. Now there is a solution! miraDry® is the first and only non-invasive treatment to permanently eliminate your underarm sweat and odor glands. FDA-cleared and CE marked, the miraDry treatment is done in the comfort of your doctor's office. After your treatment, you can expect to see immediate and lasting results.
miraDry® is about you...
- Feeling confident that your favorite silk blouse won’t show wet marks, giving away that you might be anxious or nervous, uncomfortable or just too warm on that special date.
- Knowing that your trademark black dress will stay clean and free of chalky white antiperspirant marks.
- Being confident standing in front of the big boss—ready to present your breakthrough idea knowing your shirt won’t show wet marks when you take off your suit jacket.
- Feeling carefree enough to head out with the team after work knowing you won’t look or smell like you’ve had the toughest day of the week.
- Taking the bothersome issues that come from underarm sweat out of your daily life, leaving you clean, confident, and carefree.
- Feeling clean all day long.
miraDry is for YOU*, if you are:
- Bothered by underarm sweat.
- Tired of underarm stains in shirts.
- Seeking a natural, toxin-free lifestyle.
- Done feeling sticky at the end of the day.
- Wanting to be free from underarm sweat.
Why do we sweat?
Our bodies produce sweat to help cool us down when we’re overheated.
How is sweat produced?
Underarm sweat is produced through two types of sweat glands located just below the surface of the skin. The eccrine glands secrete a clear, odorless fluid to help cool the body. The apocrine glands produce a thicker fluid that gives underarm sweat its distinctive odor.
Some people have overactive sweat glands, meaning they frequently turn on when they should be at rest, and they produce much more sweat than what’s needed to cool the body. Some people’s sweat glands can produce four or five times more sweat than normal.
So it’s not unusual to sweat a lot?
Not in the least. It’s a condition that affects millions of people. In fact, 1 in 5 Americans says they sweat excessively.
How do I know if I sweat too much?
If you answer yes to any of the following, the miraDry procedure may be right for you.
What is the miraDry® procedure?
The miraDry procedure is a safe, clinically proven, FDA-cleared solution for significantly reducing underarm sweat. The procedure is quick, non-invasive, and performed in your physician’s office.
How does miraDry work?
The miraDry system delivers precisely controlled electromagnetic energy to the region where the underarm sweat glands reside, which heats the sweat glands and eliminates them for good.
What happens during the miraDry procedure?
Your physician customizes the treatment for each underarm, based on where your sweat glands reside. The underarms are numbed prior to the procedure for your comfort. Your physician then holds the miraDry handpiece up to the underarms, which delivers energy to the sweat glands. Watch this video to see the miraDry procedure in action.
Does the procedure hurt?
Most patients experience little pain because the procedure is performed under local anesthesia. During the procedure, most people experience some pressure and light pulling on the skin, with some sensations of warmth. There may be an occasional “hot spot” that lasts briefly but is usually well tolerated. On average, patients describe the discomfort as about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest).
How is miraDry different from other treatment options?
Alternative options, including antiperspirants and toxins, aim to temporarily disable the sweat glands for varying lengths of time – requiring repeat treatments to maintain effectiveness. Other options involve surgery, which poses inherent risks. miraDry is the only treatment that provides lasting results in a non-invasive way.
What happens after the procedure?
You can expect minimal to no downtime after the procedure. Your physician will likely recommend a mild over-the-counter pain medication and the use of ice packs for a few days. You should be able to return to normal activities or work right after the procedure, and you can usually resume exercise within several days.
What results can I expect?
Most patients report a dramatic, lasting reduction of their underarm sweat. In a recent clinical study, the average underarm sweat reduction was 82%2. You should notice a reduction in sweat immediately after treatment. As with any medical procedure, results will vary by person.
Are there side effects?
Some localized soreness or swelling is normal, and typically clears within a few weeks. Some patients have temporary, short-term altered sensation in the skin of their underarms or upper arms, which gradually disappears. You should talk with your miraDry physician about any potential side effects.
Do the underarm sweat glands ever grow back?
No. The underarm sweat glands don’t grow back or regenerate once they’ve been removed.
Are the results lasting?
Yes! Because the sweat glands don’t grow back, patients experience a significant and lasting reduction of underarm sweat.
But wait, don’t I need my underarm sweat glands?
Actually, no. Your body contains over four million sweat glands, and only about 2% of them are in your underarms. Eliminating this 2% does not affect your body’s ability to cool itself.
Does miraDry cause increased sweating in other parts of the body?
No. When sweat glands are removed from the underarms, you simply stop sweating in that area. So don’t worry – your body won’t start sweating more in other areas to “compensate” or anything like that.
Can miraDry remove sweat glands elsewhere on the body?
No. miraDry cannot be used to treat excessive sweating in other areas of the body, such as hands, feet, forehead, or knees.
|Treatment Type||Sweat Reduction|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Hyperhidrosis/Sweating|
How it Works
It’s actually pretty simple. The miraDry ® system uses energy that targets and destroys the sweat and odor glands in your underarm. Once those glands are destroyed they do not grow back—so once they are gone, they are gone for good.
- After your underarm has been numbed and is ready to be treated, the clinician will place the handpiece directly on your skin, lining up with the temporary treatment template applied to your underarm.
- Next, the handpiece is activated. You will feel a slight suction as your skin and glands are brought closer to the surface for maximum results.
- Finally, miraWave TM energy is delivered and the sweat and odor glands are destroyed. All the while, soothing cooling is applied to protect your skin.